Ain’t Burned All the Bright
Jason Reynolds and Jason Griffin (Atheneum/Dlouhy)
A mixed-media collaboration by two longtime friends delves into recent events in America as voiced by an unnamed Black narrator. In spare lines that emphasize the weight of recurrence, Reynolds describes fears around day-to-day safety, while Griffin’s collages capture a constant state of worry, together building to affecting visual moments that invite the reader to find solace in the everyday.
- Read the Full Review
- Jason Reynolds Is the Hardest-Working Man in Washington
- Jason Reynolds Closes Out Term as National Ambassador
- Cover Reveal: 'There Was a Party for Langston'
- Jason Reynolds: From Kid Poet to Award-Winning Author
- On Tour with Jason Reynolds
- In Conversation: Jason Reynolds and Jason Griffin